Okay so I’m copping out a bit today from my regular Wednesday blog. It’s a holiday here in Canada, the celebration of our nation’s independence from England in 1867, so rather than write a big long post I figured I’d pull some stats from the website of one my corporate partners on the value of financial planning advise as it pertains to summer time fun. Check it out and if you want more information on how I can help you have a great summer and still retire happy, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy life on your own terms. Have a financial plan.
- 72 per cent of Canadian households who receive financial planning advice are satisfied with their current financial situation, versus 53 per cent of non-advised households
- 74 per cent are able to enjoy an annual vacation, versus 44 per cent with no plan
- 65 per cent have money left over for the occasional splurge, versus 31 per cent with no plan
- Advised households also feel better prepared for life’s unexpected challenges, like financial emergencies (60 per cent vs. 28 per cent) and tough economic times (65 per cent vs. 36 per cent).
Plan to retire comfortably
Don’t leave your retirement plans – or the financial security of your loved ones – to chance.
Canadians who engage in financial planning:
- Are twice as likely to feel on track to retire when they want, compared to Canadians with no plan (50 per cent vs. 22 per cent)
- Feel confident they will have enough money to retire comfortably (74 per cent of advised households vs. 52 per cent of non-advised households)
- Feel confident their loved ones will be looked after financially if something should happen to them (73 per cent vs. 41 per cent of those without a plan)
Plan to maximize your financial potential
Without a plan, you may be missing valuable opportunities to make your money work for you.
- Are twice as likely to participate in tax-advantaged solutions such as RRSPs, RRIF, RESPs and TFSAs than non-advised households
- Have portfolios that are more optimally designed for future performance
Plan to partner with an expert
Your advisor is a partner for life – an expert who will review your financial security plan on a regular basis and help keep you on track. So plan on taking the first step to living the life you want – today and in the future.